Basic Electronics Laboratory
Analog Electronic Circuits Laboratory
• Basic circuits like dc and biasing circuits, small-signal ac circuits with emphasis on single stage amplifiers. Apply circuit techniques to AC solid-state circuits. Analyze frequency response of amplifiers and design circuits employing integrated-circuit operational amplifiers. Digital Circuits Laboratory
• Analyze and design Boolean expressions. Analyze and design digital combinational circuits like decoders, encoders, multiplexers, and de-multiplexers including arithmetic circuits (half adder, full adder, parallel adder) and sequential digital circuits like flip-flops, registers, counters.
Network Theory Laboratory
• Verification of principle of superposition with dc and ac sources, Thevenin, Norton and Maximum power transfer theorems, Tellegen’s theorem, Determination of transient response of current in RL, RC circuits, and RLC circuit, Determination of frequency response of current in RLC circuit with sinusoidal ac input, Determination of z and h parameters (dc only) for a network and computation of Y and ABCD parameters, Determination of driving point and transfer functions of a two port ladder network and verify with theoretical values, To study frequency response of Passive Filter circuit.
Analog Communication Laboratory
• Experiment on Amplitude Modulation (DSB-FC, DSB-SC), Pulse Amplitude Modulation, Frequency Modulation and Demodulation, Image Frequency and Selectivity of Receiver.
Microwave Engineering Laboratory
• Study of microwave components and systems, Gunn Oscillator, Reflex klystron, Directional Coupler, Magic Tee etc. Experiment on tuning, frequency measurement, power measurement, VSWR measurement, impedance measurement etc.
Digital Communication Laboratory
• Experiment on concept of ADC and DAC sampling, quantization, PAM and TDM. Able to understand and hand-on experience on concept of different line codes and their characteristics, ASK, FSK and PSK modulation and demodulation.
Control System Laboratory
• Software tool: MATLAB 20169 and MATLAB R2008b
• Students will study various MATLAB syntax and different time response functions
related to control system and determination of transfer function, poles, and
Microprocessor & Microcontroller Applications Laboratory
• Hardware Tool: 8051, 8085 & 8086.
• Familiarization with assembly level language for 8086 Microprocessor & 8051
Microcontroller. Gives the knowledge about instruction set for 8086
Microprocessor & 8051 Microcontroller. Ability to perform different arithmetic
and logical, transferring data operation and to interface different hardware
component like a series of LEDs, Stepper motor, ADC etc.
Advanced Programming Laboratory
• Software Tool: Python.
• Familiarization with the Anaconda – Spider / Jupiter platform for Python. Ability
to perform different arithmetic, logical, different math and random module,
multiprocessing module, client-server program, database retrieval and many
Linear Integrated Circuits Laboratory
• Software Tool: Multisim Education Edition VII; Batch: M74X93348
Vis Sim/ Comm. Suite; Batch: 701677
• Study of various analog circuits using Multisim.
Signals and Systems Laboratory
• Software tool: MATLAB 20169 and MATLAB R2008b
• Understand the terminology of signals and basic engineering systems, signals
representation techniques and signal characteristics, difference and application
of analog vs digital signals, conversion through sampling. Analyses LTI system and
find output using convolution. Understand the use of Laplace, Fourier, and Z
transforms in signal/systems analysis and their application in LTI system.
Digital Signal Processing Laboratory
• Software Tool: MATLAB 20169 and MATLAB R2008b
• Hardware Tool: TMS3206713 DSK.
• Study of signal generation and designing of various types of filters.
Optical Fiber Communication Laboratory (MODROB Sponsored)
• Measurement of Numerical aperture and losses of a given optical fiber, observing
electromagnetic/radio frequency interference in a given optical fiber. Study of a
professional OTDR and its applications.
VLSI II (Xilinx) Laboratory
• Software Tool: Xilinx System Edition (Version 12.1 i)
• Design of digital circuits using VHDL, simulation using XILINX simulator, synthesis
using XILINX synthesis tool (XST), programming of FPGA (Spartan 3E, 500K/100K),
project using Virtex-5 FPGA.
VLSI I (Cadence) Laboratory
• Software Tool: Cadence Virtuoso (University P.G. Bundle)
• Students are introduced to various stages of IC designing, complex and high-level
Communication System Simulation Laboratory
• Software Tool: NI Lab View 2014
• Hardware Tool: NI my RIO: Embedded Student Design Device.
NI USRP 400 MHz to 4.4 GHz SDR with GPS-Disciplined Clock.
• Students will carry out various types of communications related experiments.
Project & Innovation Laboratory
• To carry out the final year projects in the field of embedded systems.
• Provides necessary software tools on different microcontroller platforms- C51,
AVR & ARM.
• Is equipped with basic laboratory hardware tools for designing the hardware